Changelog for Syllabus (COM 482A)
Interpersonal Media: Online Communities
COM482 A - Department of Communication
Thu Nov 20 09:41:52 PST 2014
- Updated readings from Andrés Monroy-Hernández for the final real class session.
Fri Nov 14 18:41:42 PST 2014
- Added one very short reading for 11/17 (NYTimes article on CHDK).
- Turned the older/existing readings for 11/17 into non-case readings.
- Added three optional readings for 11/7.
- Added one case reading and one short video for 11/19. Both on LilyPad arduino.
Fri Nov 7 19:24:41 PST 2014
- Fixed link for Cathedral and the Bazaar.
- Marked things as cases and non-cases for next Monday.
- Updated the chapter listing for the Eric von Hippel (Wednesday).
Thu Oct 30 19:18:49 PDT 2014
- Added links to updated resources in Canvas including slides and a new reading note.
- Marked two readings as a case for historical communities.
- Addeded an optional reading for historical communities.
Thu Oct 23 18:52:45 PDT 2014
- Added links to the resources in Canvas to the syllabus.
Thu Oct 23 17:49:28 PDT 2014
- Changed Almost Wikipedia from a case into a normal reading.
- Added Snowdrift.coop as a case for next Wednesday.
Monday Oct 20 00:01:10 PDT 2014
- Updated case for next Monday (Area51).
Sat Oct 18 18:45:55 PDT 2014
- Add links to the preprint for the Monday case so folks can more easily find the link where they can download it without having to go through the UW libraries system.
Thu Oct 16 11:36:24 PDT 2014
- Fix typo (s/contract/contact/).
- Add Freent Wikipedia article and the "joining scripts" paper for Wednesday 2014-10-22.
Thu Oct 9 13:35:15 PDT 2014
- Updated cases for next Wednesday to make the Slashdot case default and to make "Rules of the Internet" optional instead of required.
Mon Oct 6 14:40:51 PDT 2014
- Swapped the two cases between Monday and Wednesday for the week on commitment.
- Added additional readings for the code of conduct cases.
- Swaped the cases for the week with newcomers.
- Explained that Jonathan Morgan will visit the course on October 20.
- Explained that Andrés Monroy-Hernández will visit the class on November 24.
Tue Sep 30 11:04:54 PDT 2014
- Added a blog post I wrote about Facebook and lock-in as a case reading for 10/8.
- Added cases (WikiProjects) for 10/6.
- Added detail in Task #2 with links to places with suggestions for articles.
Thu Sep 25 18:22:04 PDT 2014
- Added information on a visit from a Wikipedian on October 6th
- Added information on a visit from the Cascadia Wikimedians user group on November 3.
- Added the classes enrollment token to Wikipedia task #1.
- Fixed due-date for task #1 from September 24 to 26th.
- Clarified that all assignments are due at the end of the day (i.e., 11:59pm on the day they are due).
- Added optional reading.
- Added extra sidebar links.
Tue Sep 23 22:13:20 PDT 2014
- Change mnemomic in the example for me from "Metric-User" to "Mathematician."
Tue Sep 23 17:55:43 PDT 2014
- Updated attendance policy with another link to the assessment page.
- Added new devices policy based on what seems to be consensus about what's good for learning.
- Determined the case studies for Week 2 (9/29 and 10/1) and several new readings for these sessions that were previously marked "To Be Determined."