Software Development Projects
The vast majority of my free software development works is in contributions to large projects like Debian and Ubuntu. However, I have started several free software projects of my own.
Actively Maintained Projects
I currently maintain the following pieces of software (in alphabetical order):
- attachcheck: a small application that reminds you when you intend to include an attachment with an email but forget. (latest version: 0.2)
- Extension:EditImage: a extension to Mediawiki that makes it possible to do simple image editing entirely within a web browser.
- Selectricity and RubyVote: RubyVote is an election methods library implemented in Ruby. It is designed to make it very easy to implement a variety of different types of elections in Ruby including relatively complex election methods. Selectricity is a powerful set of web, phone, and XML-RPS interfaces to RubyVote which make superior voting machinery possible to use in all sorts of everyday situations where it would otherwise be prohibitively difficult or costly.
- YouRule: YouRule is a simple web-based piece of software to generate on-screen rulers. Inititally developed for the OLCP XO-1, it allows anyone to create custom rulers for their screens and to save and share them with others.
- Miscellaneous Scripts and Configuration Files: This page contains a collection of smaller scripts (most of them associated with GPG, encryption, or keysigning parties) and a handful of configuration files that I am asked for frequently and so which I've decided to just put online.
Unmaintained and Deprecated Software
I have also written many other pieces of software. I no longer use this software but in many cases, many other people do. I am happy to transfer responsibility for software on this page to anyone that is interested in taking it.
The software listed below is deprecated. This does not mean that you should not use it. It does mean that I will not be able to take time to respond to problems you might have with it. If you like the software and think it would be good to have someone maintain it in the future, you should consider being that person. Simply get in contact with me and we can discuss a transfer of responsibilities.
- aub: an ancient Perl 4 program (orginally written by somebody else) that Assembles Usenet Binaries (latest version 2.2)
- CALF: A Perl web application for collaboratively administering and organizing data currently in use by the (current defunct)
DemocracyGroups.org project (latest version: 0.9.0)
- PyBlosxom Hacks and Plugins: I didn't write the weblog system PyBlosxom but I use it for copyrighteous and I've done quite a bit of work on the software. I've written and maintain several patches, plugins, and improvements to PyBlosxom — all of which have their permanent home on this project page.